Friday, September 14, 2012

I was in a good mood so.....

Assalamualaikum.

Hehe, I'm seeing you again today. I guess I am in the good mood to be blogging everyday. It's been awhile since blogging became part of my routine.

Haishhh, I'm sweating. Tired. Not to the level of exhausted though cause I was just doing some indoor activities only. I baked another batch of pav tonight. It was funny of myself to make pavs for 3 nights in a row and my mother had started complaining of her depleting eggs stock, LOL. As pav only use the egg whites, she had been planning to make 'kuih lapis' with the remaining egg yolk. But making kuih lapis sure is one tough work cause you have to make the layers one by one, no? Truth be told, I dunno myself. Haha. Let the google answers it, okay.

*After one minute of googling:
It does have to be layered one by one. Waaaa so 'renyah' one, oooo. Next time, maybe.

So, I used only 2 eggs this time instead of the usual 4. Cause I'm making only a few to be given to my neighbour. Buuuuuuuut, so sad! I was making honey cornflakes also this time. When the pavs were done, it was the cornflakes' turn to use the oven. I know something was not right if I put the pavs outside the oven alas I still did it cause hello my cornflakes needed the oven too. So, while I was waiting for the cornflakes to turn golden-ish, I noticed that my pavs had descended a little. SOMETHING IS EXTREMELY NOT RIGHT! I scrutinized them prudently and ting!!!! I remembered a professional baker told me (read: she penned it in her blog) ''Let your pavs cool down in the oven by leaving the door ajar and do not take it out right after you're done!'' 

I was gobsmacked!!!! Aiyoyoooo!!!

 T_______________T.

The point is, this time around the pavs texture on the outside is perfect! (seriously that confident?) It feels crusty (rangup) and hard. I mean it was crustier than the previous batches. But, I let it outside too soon which made my pavs quite unhappy (being very empathic here). Thus, they shrinked! Hahaha such a sad ending for my pav story. Nevertheless, I hope it still tastes okay although the look is not that promising. But I think no problem la cause outside, the pav will be decorated with bright fruits, covering its inside ugliness. Heyyyy, this pav is really standing on the side of 'please judge a book by its cover'.

End of pav story.

Now, cornflakes turn. HAHA. Hey, don't you think its funny cause I was busy making kuihs at the end of Raya? Ish ish ish okay I find it funny of myself. Huhu.

After I was done with the cornflakes, I came to think of this.

It's easy and satisfying to mix the cornflakes with its comrades (the honey, raisins, nuts etc) but it is not very joyful to put it inside their cups one by one, using spoon. Huyoh, I was standing halfway during the job and halfway by sitting on the floor. My legs were aching and my veins had their hard time pushing blood up to my heart LOL talk about 'meds' joke huh? Luckily my 'nenek saudara' (a term which I don't mind translating) was  kind enough to help me with it.

And after the cornflakes came out of the oven, I had to wait for it sometime, to let it cool enough to be placed inside the tupperwares. Blergh, I'm really not in a good term with the word 'waiting'. So, I decided to pen how tired I was in this blog and suddenly while I was penning my thoughts, my mom came into my room. So, I hastily open a new FB tab (cause blogging is kind of embarassing to be read when it is not yet published by anyone else except the blogger herself). I found my mom bringing a cornflakes at her hands. She came to say she had put the cornflakes inside the tupperwares! AWWWW WHAT AN AWESOMENESS!!!! I shouted out in my heart. I felt like hugging my mom instead I just said 'I love you, Mak'!! Hahahah. I am now relieved. :)

Anyway, my cornflakes turn out good. Not excellent enough to my tastebuds. It lacks some sugar. But it has everything else. Hehehehe time to compliment the cornflakes maker. LOL. But on the bright shining side, it is good for me cause I don't want to end with diabetes at such a young age, Nauzubillahi minzalik.

So, in a nutshell, can you guess why I did these? At such a day?

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
It's because......
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I know this is annoying, but it's because.....
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Cause my brothers are coming home today! Hehehehe. This is happening! And besides, the time I have left in Malaysia is not that much anymore. And also, I am in a good mood today. I just feel like making something. Actually I want to make fried ice cream some more, but my mom had given me that warning-please-control-your-feeding-centre-in-your-hypothalamus-look  HAHA so I guess enough on the sugar! My mom need her share of egg for breakfast anyway. LOL. Sorry mom if you  happen to read this. :)

Okay, that's all. Good night, and do take care, people.

Eh, one last thing. I just remember, tomorrow is going to be my friends' happy day. They happen to be the first couple from our batch to get married. May Allah bless their relations, amin. Kinda sad cause I couldn't attend. But, I believe my prayer could reach both of you anyhow. It's wireless remember?

SELAMAT PENGANTIN BARU, SHEILA AND KAMIL!

Wassalamu 'alaikum. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment