Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Assalamualaikum
And hello to you who's reading! ;D

I was googling myself just now (cause I takde kerja duh) and guess what? My blog came up in the list. So that's how I was reminded that I actually own a blog and its been zillionnn yearsss since I write here. OK! Too much exaggeration. Its been exactly 1 year and 7 months since I posted here. So yeah.

For the record, I'm still alive and kicking (duhh of course). I can drive like a pro now HAHA. Still single. Still laugh a lot. And eat a lot. HAHA. Alhamdulillah Im doing fine. And sometimes pretend to be fine. Cause well you have to. Despite whatever shits that get in your face, you just have to overcome it. And pretend you get it under control. Plus I've been gifted with this skill to be ignorant to whatever I think should be ignored. LOL. So most of the time, I get it well covered ;D

So many had changed since my last post here except my name. I'm still Atiqah. HAHA not funny. (I actually laughed a bit). Im now a government servant working as healthcare provider in HSAJB, a House Officer to be exact. I am enjoying my job most of the days. And there are just some days where I regret being a doctor. But then I get back on track again with help from my support system. Should really give credits to those around me.

I still remembered first day of tagging in first department, Surgery. My mother woke up early and prepared me an egg sandwich for breakfast. Like she wanna go work as well. Work to prepare breakfast hihi. She did that for days, weeks then months. Until she saw most of the time I get up super late and didnt touch the sandwich. Not even bothered to pack it. I practically get downstairs and get the car keys and straight open the gate and drive off XD. Then she stops doing it. HAHA. Nowadays I go to work everyday with only sips of water. Then I get myself some breakfast or rather straight to early lunch. Easier that way. You know its bujang life what they call it haha.

Surgical passed by uneventfully. I did my periphery in Upper GI under Mr Hans and Dr Tan YR and Dr Muhshin supervision. All of them are very supportive. They teach me a lot, we ate KFC together and went to conference together. We were basically a team managing 'Upper GI' patients. Those having gastric outlet obstruction due to tumors, esophageal achalasia, varices, caustic injury (self inflicted duhh) so on and so forth. I passed my assesment with Mr Jo then off I go to 2nd posting in O&G. One of the most dreaded departments in HSA haha.

Well, O&G passed by uneventfully as well alhamdulillah. I cried twice in this department. Once during tagging, my well burst out in one of those labor rooms in front of a patient and a nurse. Of course the patient cant be bothered she was practically crying as well, its so painful being in labor haha. I was being shouted at and screwed non stop since morning and I couldnt tahan anymore. So I cried facing the mirror and when I was about to insert branula to the patient then the staff nurse told me "Eh doktor kenapa ni, meh saya pasangkan. Pergi basuh muka." Awww mind you shes one of those scary nurses kat labor room okay but she's actually okay je. She taught me how to deliver placenta, how to do controlled cord traction so you wont cause uterine inversion and also how to suture nicely after you conduct the delivery.

To tell you the truth, I really love the feeling when you successfully conduct a delivery, when the baby cries in your hand, omg that feeling is.... GOLD. But I cant stand the emergencies, the shouts and rush when it is due. When theres bleedinggg omg. Or suddenly mother fits/low GCS. Dont want to remember anymore. Haha. But its the real thing we as doctors have to anticipate and be very well prepared for.

Now Im in 3rd posting; Paediatrics. Its heaven in this side of HSA. XD Babies everywhere. Those cuddly babies, the neonates. It broke my heart whenever I have to poke them twice. But its for their benefits, have to be done. Then you go to block B where the infants, toddlers and the older kids are. The struggle is real when you have to poke them. Always need a group to help you. To hold the legs sorang the other one hold the hands. Then the kids would curve their spine and you give up already XD. No lah, theres a method for that. Who knows, know la ea....

I'm enjoying myself in paeds. Maybe I would choose Paeds for specialty. We shall see okay. Anyhoo, Im enjoying my life in Medicine despite the 'lemons moments'. But whatever, just throw it behind and take whatever gold with you. We will go a longggg way ahead. I just hope I can change someone's life to the better, help them feel better make them smile.

Eh ok la. Ive written so long. Till then. Maybe in my next post, I'm already an MO serving somewhere in Malaysia. Hopefully with a husband and a kid hahaha XD Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment